Common misconceptions about homosexuality
The answers to these points are brief but they are backed up by hard research findings. People wanting to substantiate these answers further should download the book My Genes Made Me Do It - a scientific look at sexual orientation.
For A5 pdf click here. Print out on domestic laser or deskjet printer, in colour or grayscale.
1. Gays are 10% of the population
2. Gay relationships are as stable and long-lasting as those of heterosexuals
3. Gays are extremely promiscuous
4. Gays and lesbians are psychologically on par with heterosexuals
5. Gay psychological problems are a result of society's discrimination and rejection
6. Gays are born that way
7. Gays say that they have been this way ever since they can remember
8. Gays choose this lifestyle
9. Nobody knows how same sex attraction develops
10. Homosexual orientation cannot be changed
11. Gay teens need special support in schools
12. Therapy producing change in sexual orientation is damaging
13. Private sexual acts do not affect society